The particulars of its organization, functions and duties:
The Central Revenues Control Laboratory, New Delhi functions under the administrative control of Director (Revenue Laboratories), whereas other Revenue Laboratories of Central Revenues Control Laboratory are attached to the respective Customs House/CGST Commissionerates. These are headed by Joint Director/Chemical Examiner Gr.-I. Laboratories are under the administrative control of the Commissionerate concerned and under the functional control of the CRCL Hqrs. Names and locations of various chemical laboratories of Central Revenues Control Laboratory are as under:
- Customs House Laboratory, Chennai
- Customs House Laboratory, Goa
- Customs House Laboratory, Kochi
- Customs House Laboratory, Kandla
- Customs House Laboratory, Kolkata
- Customs Laboratory, Custom House, Mangaluru
- Customs House Laboratory, New Custom House, Mumbai
- Customs House Laboratory, Nhava Sheva
- Customs House Laboratory, Tuticorin
- Customs House Laboratory, Vizag
- Central Excise and Customs Laboratory, Vadodara
- Govt. Opium & Alkaloid Works, Ghazipur
- Govt. Opium & Alkaloid Works, Neemuch
- Functions of Chemical Laboratories
- To analyse the samples sent to them by the Revenue Authorities of Customs, CGST & Central Excise for the purpose of classification under Customs Tariff, Central Excise Tariff, Export Import Trade Control Policies and for Drawback purposes.
- To furnish technical opinion to the Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs and its field formations with regard to classification, duty aspects on various goods etc.
- To provide technical support to Opium & Alkaloid Factories for production of Export Opium.
- To analyse and certify the Export Opium.
- To analyse Narcotic Drug & Psychotropic Substances and Precursor Chemicals etc.
- Powers and duties of officers and employees posted at Central Revenues Control Laboratory, New Delhi.
Director (Revenue Laboratories): Director (Revenue Laboratories) is the technical and administrative head of the organization. He is cadre controlling authority of the Group ''B" & ''C'' Officers. Director (Revenue Laboratories) is also appellate authority in respect of retest of samples. He supervises overall technical functions of all revenue laboratories and also offers advice to Dept. of Revenue/CBEC in technical matters.
Joint Director: To assist the Director (Revenue Laboratories) in respect of technical & administrative matters. He is head of concerned laboratories, supervises the overall functioning of the Laboratory and offers technical opinion.
Chemical Examiner Gr.-I: To assist the Director (Revenue Laboratories) and Joint Director in day to day technical and administrative works. Issue the test reports under his signature and offer technical opinion as may be required in the field of function. He is declared examiner under Section 293 of Cr. P.C. for issuing of reports of NDPS samples. He is in-charge of small laboratories and supervises the overall functioning of the Laboratory and offers technical opinion.
Chemical Examiner Gr. II: To assist Director (Revenue Laboratories), Joint Director and Chemical Examiner Gr-I in day to day technical and administrative matters. Issue the test reports under his signature. He is declared Chemical Examiner under Section 293 of Cr.P.C. for issuing of reports of NDPS samples.
Assistant Chemical Examiner: Assistant Chemical Examiner supervises the works of Chemical Assistants and analyses the samples. Assistant Chemical Examiner assists the Chemical Examiners in formation of test reports. They also provide the reference to the Chemical Examiners and guide the Chemical Assistant in their work. He is declared Chemical Examiner under Section 293 of Cr.P.C. for issuing of reports of NDPS samples. He is also involved in the operation and maintenance of equipments.
Chemical Assistant: Analysis of samples along with operation and maintenance of equipments.
Laboratory Assistant Gr. II and III: To assist the Chemical Assistants & Assistant Chemical Examiners in day to day work of testing and maintenance of Laboratory (cleaning etc.).
Administrative Officer: To supervise the work of Establishment, Administration & Account Section.
All the other officers and staff to assist in discharge of the above duties in the administrative & establishment work.
- Procedures followed in decision making process including channels of supervisions and accountability:
Rules and Procedures laid down by the Govt. are followed in decision making process of administration where as in technical matters procedures as may be required for analysis of various commodities are being followed. The functions of officers holding various posts have been defined under part (II). Each official is accountable for the duty assigned to him/her.
- Norms set by the laboratory for the discharge of its functions:
Various technical functions are discharged by the laboratory as per the departmental manual for chemical laboratories. (Revenue Laboratory Manual).
- Rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records, held by laboratory or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions:
Procedure given in Manual of Revenue Laboratories is followed for receipt/analysis and issuance of test reports.
(Revenue Laboratory Manual).
- A statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control
Laboratories have broadly two types of documents
- Record of samples received& dispatched.
- Copy of test reports
- Record of issued test reports, tests, opinions etc.
- Administrative files, Purchase document etc.
- All files of Administration, Service Books. ACR dossiers of employees etc.
Technical Literature Books, Journals, Standard Operating Procedure, Work Instructions etc. issued by institutions such as ISO, BIS, ASTM, AOAC etc.
- The particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with, or representation by the members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof
- A statement of the Boards, Councils, Committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice, and as to whether meetings of those Boards, Councils, Committees and other bodies are open to the public, or the Minutes of such meetings are accessible for public
- Directory of its offices and employees
Link through - Sampark
- Monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employees, including the system of compensation as provided in its regulations
|Director (Revenue Laboratories)
|Joint Director (NFSG)
|Chemical Examiner Gr. I
|Chemical Examiner Gr. II
|Chief Account Officer
|Assistant Chemical Examiner
|Sr. Hindi Translator
|Junior Hindi Translator
|Laboratory Assistant Gr. II
|Lower Division Clerk
|Laboratory Assistant Gr. III
|Driver (Ordinary Grade)
|Multi Tasking Staff
- Budget allocated to each of its agency, indicating the particulars of all plans, proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made
The annual budget is allocated to Director, CRCL, New Delhi from DGHRD, CBEC, Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India Under MH-2037-Custom covered under demand No.035. Budget 2019-2020627 Kb
- The manner of execution of subsidy programmes, including the amounts allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programmes
Laboratory gets permit to obtain excise duty free alcohol from State Excise Department.
- Particulars of recipients of concessions, permits or authorizations granted by it
- Details in respect of the information, available to or held by it reduced in an electronic form
- The particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information, including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for public use.
Laboratory facilities and Library facilities are for internal use only.
- Names, Designations and other particulars of the Public Information Officers:
Shri V. Suresh
First Appellate Authority/Joint Director
Central Revenues Control Laboratory,
Hill Side Road, Pusa Campus,
New Delhi - 110012
Telephone: 011 - 21520123
Shri R.P. Meena
Central Public Information Officer /Chemical Examiner Gr. I
Central Revenues Control Laboratory,
Hill Side Road, Pusa Campus,
New Delhi - 110012
Telephone: 011 - 21520119
- Such other information as may be prescribed –
Right to Information Act Click Here
For more details and updates, please Click Here
For filing online RTI application / first appeals, please Click Here
Page Last Updated On: 18 Aug 2022